Pages

peacocks gone wild...

Posted by Amy from imfeelingnail-venturous
Reactions: 
 June 17, 2010

Peacock Nail Design


My sister asked me to do a peacock nail design, so I thought this was the perfect opportunity to use my dotting tools and a paint brush for the first time. If I ever do this design again, I would add more defined brush strokes. But here is what I did to create this look.... tweak my step by step instructions to make it your own! (P.S. sorry my cuticles are so dry---ugh, finger nail polish is harsh).


Items I used: 
(If it is in a colored font, it is hyperlinked to a website for purchase)


1. Revlon: Copper Penny
2. Konad Regular Polish: Shining Brown
3. Sally Hansen: Night Flight
4. Sinful Colors: Midnight Blue
5. Sally Hansen: Mint Sprint
6. Sinful Colors: Last Chance
7. OPI: Who the Shrek are you?



1. Paper Towels





Step 1: Paint entire nail with OPI: who the shrek are you?


  Step 2 and 3: Add a dot of Sinful Colors Midnight Blue and outline bottom half of dot with Sally Hansen Night Flight using dotting tool







               






Step 4: Using a thin paint brush and a smooth, light stroking motion apply Konad Shining Brown, Sally Hansen Mint Sprint, and Sinful Colors Last Chance


In this step, I would add more defined brush strokes than I did, blending the blue/black center dot better.




Step 5: Add a dot of Revlon Copper Penny in the center using dotting tool


Step 6: Using Bundle Monster stamping plate, Konad stamper, scraper, and Sinful Colors Midnight Blue stamp on the peacock









7 comments:

Annabel said...

I see what you mean about the bruch strokes, I think the next time it will be much better! Good job though! :D

Annabel said...

**brush

Amy on June 17, 2011 at 10:59 PM said...

Uh-Oh.... Brandy, I have two hates on this one.... =)

Kristi said...

Well, it's really beautiful from an artistic standpoint, I just don't like it from a nail perspective. But I'm a traditionalist, so take that into consideration!

Amy on June 19, 2011 at 10:53 AM said...

@kristi - im not a big fan of this one either ...but i am attracted to bold nail designs!!!!

Eris on September 2, 2011 at 6:49 AM said...

Perfect! Absolutely in love with this desing!

monseroath777 on September 29, 2011 at 7:16 PM said...

OOH I never see that
I'm fall down.. awesome, cute, adorable,... U rock always girl :)

Post a Comment

Comments, suggestions, and questions are always welcome! Thanks for reading! (If you leave a link in a comment, it will not be published. Sorry for the inconvenience .)

 

I'M FEELING NAIL-VENTUROUS Copyright © 2011 Design by Brandon Faulkner Website Design | Blogger Blog Templates