Pages

Dragon Fly Nail Art

Posted by Amy from imfeelingnail-venturous
Reactions: 
July 07, 2011


You can click on any picture to enlarge. 


This manicure was simple but fun. I used three coats of Claire's Lilac Shimmer Rose Polish as a base coat (click the link to view online). The polish color was hard to capture on camera because the sun kept washing out my hand and almost made it appear as if I wasn't wearing a polish at all. I was able to capture the color in some pictures.  The polish has a pearly, shimmery appearance to it. 


Then I just applied the SuperNail Dragonflies Appliques I got from Sally's Beauty Supply (click here to view online). When I placed the dragonfly accessory on my nail I made it have a 3D effect on purpose. I wanted it to look like the dragonfly was actually "flying". I could have made the accessory flush with my nail as if it was a sticker or a stamp. Because I change my polish often, I wanted the wings to be raised. So what do you think of it?


Here are some more photos...








9 comments:

Hannah J on July 7, 2011 at 9:02 PM said...

This is too CUTE!!! I love dragon flies and this is adorable:) Great job!

Bee on July 7, 2011 at 11:55 PM said...

this is so cute !!

thalie on July 8, 2011 at 12:54 AM said...

I like that base polish,and the dragonflies are just out of this world,amazing!

♥ Claire ♥ on July 8, 2011 at 3:23 AM said...

That looks so lovely

Iza on July 8, 2011 at 9:36 AM said...

I love it! It's SO cute and adorable! :)

-Diana- on July 8, 2011 at 9:52 AM said...

So cute I have fimo bees on my nails right now :) Will post them next week.

Francesca on July 8, 2011 at 9:56 AM said...

that must've taken ages haha soooo cute! xx opinionslave

KarenD on July 8, 2011 at 10:33 AM said...

They do look like they're about to take flight!

thenailaholic on July 8, 2011 at 11:09 AM said...

The dragon flies are SO CUTE

Post a Comment

Comments, suggestions, and questions are always welcome! Thanks for reading! (If you leave a link in a comment, it will not be published. Sorry for the inconvenience .)

 

I'M FEELING NAIL-VENTUROUS Copyright © 2011 Design by Brandon Faulkner Website Design | Blogger Blog Templates