Pages

Orly La Playa (Matte and Shiny nail design)

Posted by Amy from imfeelingnail-venturous
Reactions: 
August 18, 2011


You can click on any photo to enlarge it. (Please do on the above photo!)

I have seen the matte and shiny combinations on several blogs, so I thought I would give it a try. I noticed that it works better with dark colors, so I choose a dark navy polish. I used Orly La Playa and Essie Matte Top Coat for this manicure. It was VERY hard for my camera to capture the awesomeness of the matte and shiny finish combo. I hope you can see it well. Also, I have no idea why my photos all look like they have a fuzzy haze over them. I think my camera was struggling with this dark navy polish. Oh well! 


Look how shiny this polish is. This has NO top coat! This is insane!!! It is sooo shiny it looks like I have an uneven messy application because of the reflection. That is seriously shiny! =) I love it!








16 comments:

Holly on August 18, 2011 at 8:19 PM said...

This is the first time I've seen a nail look that is both shiny and matte. I'm definitely going to have to try this out!

Shadow on August 18, 2011 at 8:24 PM said...

I love polishes with a matte finish they are always so pretty!

Olivia C. on August 18, 2011 at 9:20 PM said...

I love this idea! I've seen it so many places and I definitely want to try it out.

Kelly on August 18, 2011 at 9:22 PM said...

cute! :)

Miss L on August 18, 2011 at 10:00 PM said...

I love this matte and shining mani. It looks fabulous.

Connie on August 18, 2011 at 11:06 PM said...

I love it, I am gonna have to try that out!

Polish AMOR on August 19, 2011 at 12:25 AM said...

This looks amazing ..... I had not seen this yet lol I'm so behind on trend... MUST try this :)

Pinupcherrymakeup on August 19, 2011 at 1:50 AM said...

This is super awesome! I'd love to try it too! The color you chose is perfect!

Fingers on August 19, 2011 at 7:19 AM said...

This is really cool! I always see this on Chloe's Nails-i asked her what she uses-OPI lincoln park after dark matte and top coat tips-that simple! I bought that OPI but have yet to do this mani! I LOVE LOVE this look

Nail Nerd on August 19, 2011 at 10:23 AM said...

That color is out of hand, love it! It's great that it looks so good in both the naturally awesome gloss and matte

Carly @ Lacquered Lover on August 19, 2011 at 10:46 AM said...

Amazing! I love it!

whimsicalglam on August 19, 2011 at 4:14 PM said...

such a good idea, I love it!!

Sandra on August 19, 2011 at 4:49 PM said...

I love the shiny-matte contrast.

KayJay on August 19, 2011 at 8:40 PM said...

Love the way this looks! I just got Essie Matte top coat in a swap so I cant wait to try it out.

Paulina on August 20, 2011 at 10:46 AM said...

I really like this

Anonymous said...

I printed a lot of your blog out thanks my friend
Acheter vimax en France.2011AVEF

Post a Comment

Comments, suggestions, and questions are always welcome! Thanks for reading! (If you leave a link in a comment, it will not be published. Sorry for the inconvenience .)

 

I'M FEELING NAIL-VENTUROUS Copyright © 2011 Design by Brandon Faulkner Website Design | Blogger Blog Templates