Pages

So I tried Nail Nerd's Rose Tutorial....

Posted by Amy from imfeelingnail-venturous
Reactions: 
August 28, 2011

So I tried Nail Nerd's Rose tutorial. (Click here to view the tutorial). I saw her rose manicure, and I absolutely fell in love with it.  I asked her if she would do a tutorial, and of course she did. I have to admit. She makes it look so easy. My attempt did not turn out as good as hers. I think I made my flowers too big or something. I can't possibly imagine making them any smaller though because the lighter detail stroke would be impossible for me. haha...  She has a lot more base coat showing than I do and I think that is why I love hers so much. In addition, her flowers are perfect. Mine look crappy haha. I even took my time and practiced on a nail art wheel before trying on my actual nails. Oh well, it was fun to try, but this proves my free hand skills aren't as good as I would like them to be. I can't decide if I like the colors I choose. Thanks again Nail Nerd for the awesome tutorial. Here are the pics!






Kleancolor Neon Aqua, OPI Havana Dreams, OPI Skulls & Glassbones, L.A. Colors  I have no idea what the polish name is, Konad Light Silver

17 comments:

Cel on August 28, 2011 at 1:52 PM said...

Very pretty! I like how it turned out, I think this is a great choice of colours :)

Sarah on August 28, 2011 at 1:53 PM said...

Practice makes perfect! Besides, that isn't so bad...if I saw someone with those nails, I would compliment them. :) When I was reading your post, before I scrolled down to the pics, I was anticipating something crazy. lol.

dianuseeek on August 28, 2011 at 2:49 PM said...

Some time ago I showed roses on my blog too :) U should make roses with red or pink polish, and make smaller leafs with green polish - it will looks like roses little bit more! :) (sorry 4 my eng)

Kirshten on August 28, 2011 at 2:58 PM said...

Those nails are so pretty!! And they arent bad. I love the colors you chose! Especially blue roses I would have never thought of that! lol Mine aren't as good as yours..http://kknails.blogspot.com/2011/08/roses-are-red.html

~*~Amber~*~ on August 28, 2011 at 3:34 PM said...

Very pretty, I love that you chose to do blue roses!

Sandra on August 28, 2011 at 3:35 PM said...

It looks so nice!

Noelie on August 28, 2011 at 5:34 PM said...

Ok, wow... I love this!

AllisonL on August 28, 2011 at 5:46 PM said...

I think it looks really nice! I'm going to try this before too long. The leaves look like the hardest part.

Nail Nerd on August 28, 2011 at 9:25 PM said...

I think they look adorable! The detail part I think takes the tiniest brush in the world -- the smaller one you get the more you can go in with the hilights. But I love these blue ones, adorables!

Miss L on August 28, 2011 at 9:53 PM said...

The result is very pretty :)

Pinupcherrymakeup on August 29, 2011 at 2:51 AM said...

What!!! You crazy, this is so fecking cute!! I kinda wanna try too but I know mine would definitely be worse than this!!

Kejal on August 29, 2011 at 4:22 AM said...

This is soooo pretty!! I like urs just as much as I like Nail nerds!! I am doing it next!!

Irishenchantment on August 29, 2011 at 6:39 AM said...

i love it! you done an awesome job the colours as all so pretty together

Fingers on August 29, 2011 at 8:06 AM said...

I think this is a pretty good look! At least you are trying these things!

Carly @ Lacquered Lover on August 29, 2011 at 8:55 AM said...

That looks so pretty! I love it!

Lush Lacquer (Allie) on August 29, 2011 at 10:07 AM said...

Pretty :) I'm definitely trying it

Katie on August 29, 2011 at 10:25 AM said...

This is adorable! Great color choices!

Post a Comment

Comments, suggestions, and questions are always welcome! Thanks for reading! (If you leave a link in a comment, it will not be published. Sorry for the inconvenience .)

 

I'M FEELING NAIL-VENTUROUS Copyright © 2011 Design by Brandon Faulkner Website Design | Blogger Blog Templates