Pages

Tip Toe Lime Slush + Dried Flowers = Disaster

Posted by Amy from imfeelingnail-venturous
Reactions: 
August 04, 2011


This manicure turned into a disaster. It started out well. The lime polish is really bright and fun--a nice summer color! It all fell apart when I put the top coat on. I should have NEVER put the top coat on. It was just to thick and "gathered" up around the flowers forming ripples. 

Plus, I did not get any good pictures of this manicure. All my pictures were dark and gloomy except for the one up top. I have no idea what happened to my camera settings when I took these pictures haha. Anyways, the base coat is Tip Toe Lime Slush, which is a polish sold at a clothing store called Old Navy. Then I used dry flowers on top of it. Anyways, I think this manicure is cute.






11 comments:

Kelly on August 4, 2011 at 6:41 PM said...

Nice idea! Too bad about the top coat though.. that happens to me sometimes :/ thanks for sharing:)

All The Pretty Polish on August 4, 2011 at 6:57 PM said...

I love the concept! Sorry about the top coat thing though, these look so good from far away...like the first pic looks fine then I see what you mean in the detail pic :/ hey, at least now you know for next time :) thanks for sharing! :D

Olivia C. on August 4, 2011 at 7:15 PM said...

I'm sorry it turned into a mess because it's so pretty! I want to try some of those Old Navy polishes.

Katie on August 4, 2011 at 7:18 PM said...

That stinks about the topcoat! I like the blue flowers on the green background.

paint that nail on August 5, 2011 at 3:13 AM said...

what?! this is not a disaster at all to me!! I saw it and I was like omg this are so pretty!! then I read and saw you say its a disaster my jaw dropped, literally! I like them a lot!!! I see what you mean in the close up picture but if you werent looking close up I think it looks fine! creative idea!(:

Fingers on August 5, 2011 at 7:25 AM said...

Cool idea-I don't think anything is a fail if you are trying something different!

-Diana- on August 5, 2011 at 10:23 AM said...

Nice color and great idea :)

KarenD on August 5, 2011 at 3:56 PM said...

Hmm, in the closeup, I see what you mean about the top coat. I bet I wouldn't have noticed if I wasn't looking for it.

I love the color combo you chose!

Caitlin on August 6, 2011 at 2:37 PM said...

this is adorable! great job xo :)

ReecesPeeces on August 7, 2011 at 2:34 AM said...

Love your nails! This one reminds me a bit of rodeo fanatic.

ABOP (laquerlove on MUA) on August 7, 2011 at 3:10 PM said...

I actually kind of like the 3d look! Gorgeous color combos.

Post a Comment

Comments, suggestions, and questions are always welcome! Thanks for reading! (If you leave a link in a comment, it will not be published. Sorry for the inconvenience .)

 

I'M FEELING NAIL-VENTUROUS Copyright © 2011 Design by Brandon Faulkner Website Design | Blogger Blog Templates