Pages

OPI Teal We Meet Again + Barielle Buddha-ful + China Glaze Broken Hearted Crackle

Posted by Amy from imfeelingnail-venturous
Reactions: 
November 06, 2011


I decided to play with crackle nail polish AGAIN! I know many of you are not fans of crackle polishes (and I am one of those people). But I thought I could maybe, possibly find a way that I liked. You can see my first try here.


I started with two coats of Sephora by OPI Teal We Meet Again! Such a gorgeous polish! (definitely not one I see myself selling on my blog sale). Then in a "S" motion I painted on China Glaze Broken Hearted crackle nail polish. I have seen this technique on many blogs, but I have to admit it is hard to do. It is hard not to overlap or make the polish too thick (because it doesn't crackle right) OR get it evenly around the base of your nail! Anyways, I gave it my best shot. I could have stopped here and added a shiny top coat, but of course, I didn't stop here......


I added one coat of Barielle Buddha-ful which I just received in a swap!I promise you this is MUCH pretty in person. In the photos, the Barielle looks thick, but it is so soft and subtle in person. Very pretty actually! It is a little messy around the cuticles because the pink crackle polish was hard to get even without making it too thick. The important thing was to get it to crackle properly---right????!?!?!?!






27 comments:

Chloe on November 6, 2011 at 6:43 PM said...

wow! this is the prettiest crackle i've ever seen! :)

http://www.thebeautycorner.co.uk/

xx

Laura on November 6, 2011 at 6:45 PM said...

Beautiful! I still think I'd like it better without the crackle, but it's definitely creative!

Polish Vixen Marisa on November 6, 2011 at 6:54 PM said...

Love this! I like what you did with the crackle then the flakie!! Amazing :) XXOXO

Lydz on November 6, 2011 at 7:11 PM said...

this looks like it needs to be tried by me soon. :) my crackles are just sitting there, they dont look very appealing.

I'm just the MOM on November 6, 2011 at 7:49 PM said...

I really loved how it turned out!

rebecca on November 6, 2011 at 7:58 PM said...

*sigh*
*adds budda-ful to wishlist*

Amber on November 6, 2011 at 8:28 PM said...

Cool effect!
PS I got your polishes from the blog sale yesterday! Thanks!

Nail Reflections on November 6, 2011 at 8:42 PM said...

I love that teal! The crackle looks good!

Hunter87 on November 6, 2011 at 8:59 PM said...

This is a very unique nail look.Nice!!
~Jazmin

Polish and Charms on November 6, 2011 at 9:16 PM said...

That looks neat! I like the Barielle on top!

Kelly on November 6, 2011 at 9:36 PM said...

I love it! So original. Very pretty :)

khuuphoria on November 6, 2011 at 10:31 PM said...

This is an interesting combo! Kinda reminds me of mermaid tails :)

Rainbowify Me on November 6, 2011 at 11:48 PM said...

I have not had enough of the crackle polishes yet, and I really like the swirls. :)

Nory on November 7, 2011 at 12:39 AM said...

Wow very beautiful!

Maria on November 7, 2011 at 3:19 AM said...

You're the crackle goddess!!! I love the swirling of the crackle and flakies!! And color combo :)

Miss L on November 7, 2011 at 3:19 AM said...

well done! The result looks very interesting.

FashionFreak/Mihaela on November 7, 2011 at 5:00 AM said...

beautiful.

my blog-follow me♥mfashionfreak

rock-or-not on November 7, 2011 at 8:22 AM said...

Great combo!!
I really love it!

Polish AMOR on November 7, 2011 at 9:38 AM said...

wow this layering looks really cool!

Fingers on November 7, 2011 at 9:54 AM said...

YIKES! I am not loving this at all! I like the base color all by itself! I do appreciate you trying to get yourself to like crackle-but I think it's either you love it or you don't!! I don't!

moonchild on November 7, 2011 at 2:00 PM said...

Love it with the first layering :)

I Drink Nail Polish on November 7, 2011 at 6:46 PM said...

You are making me fall back in love with the crackles! This is such a cool layering! :D

♥beauxs mom on November 7, 2011 at 7:29 PM said...

i am a little over crackles but this is beautiful and so creative i like how its a new spin on crackles great job amy!

Shannara on November 8, 2011 at 3:41 PM said...

waw looks realy special

Shadow on November 9, 2011 at 10:04 PM said...

wow that color is beautiful! im going to have to go get this ASAP!!!! Amy yours nail look beautiful! im soo jealous!

NaszL :) on November 10, 2011 at 3:23 PM said...

I follow you now .. You have a very good blog ! Your shares are wonderful i love your nails :) see u later on my blog !
My Blog ! click click
My Giveaway click click

nevorpurify on November 15, 2011 at 5:18 PM said...

Oh my goodness this is such a beautiful combination!

Also, I added my GFT to the right sidebar of my site, I hope it works!

Post a Comment

Comments, suggestions, and questions are always welcome! Thanks for reading! (If you leave a link in a comment, it will not be published. Sorry for the inconvenience .)

 

I'M FEELING NAIL-VENTUROUS Copyright © 2011 Design by Brandon Faulkner Website Design | Blogger Blog Templates