Pages

Mix and Match Mani

Posted by Amy from imfeelingnail-venturous
Reactions: 
May 30, 2012


Today, I have a mix and match mani to share! I'm not sure how I feel about it. It is a bit dark for my taste! What do you think?

Pinky: I used two coats of GOSH Golo (the perfect silver holo polish!). I stamped on the nail design with Kleancolor Black and You Mix Cosmetics Stamping Plate I. Photos show one coat of top coat.

Ring: I used the Julep Nail Decals. The design of the decal is awesome, but I found them difficult to use. You can see how crappy my application was in the photos. It was hard for me to file away the excess at the tip of my nail and to get the placement correct. The decal buckled a little too. I don't usually have good luck with using nail decals, so I am confident it is user error haha... Have you tried them before? Any good tips? (Photos show one coat of top coat over the decal.)

Middle: I used ManGlaze Matte is Murder. I love ManGlaze! They have the best matte polishes! They go on smoothly, dry quickly, and usually only need one coat. I then added one coat of Lush Lacquer Salt n Peppa. This polish is packed with glitter, so one coat is all you need. Photos show one coat of top coat.

Pointer:  I used Manglaze Matte is Murder. I stamped on the nail design using Kleancolor White and You Mix Cosmetics Stamping Plate D. Photos show one coat of top coat.



33 comments:

Kimberly Purcell on May 30, 2012 at 5:53 PM said...

I think it is wild! And I'd love to have that look. :)

Caroline Jewel on May 30, 2012 at 6:00 PM said...

I love it! :)

Amber on May 30, 2012 at 6:01 PM said...

So creative! Love the decal!

Juliana Teixeira on May 30, 2012 at 6:06 PM said...

oooh this is so pretty!!! loved it ♥

TENDERHEARTR on May 30, 2012 at 6:20 PM said...

I have Salt n Peppa on right now and I absolutely love it! It is so jam packed with glitter it's crazy.

TENDERHEARTR on May 30, 2012 at 6:20 PM said...

I have Salt n Peppa on right now and I absolutely love it! It is so jam packed with glitter it's crazy.

Norelis Ocasio on May 30, 2012 at 7:10 PM said...

This is super pretty!!

Liz on May 30, 2012 at 7:49 PM said...

Love this! All the different designs go so well together. It looks super fun and sparkly. :)

Polish and Charms on May 30, 2012 at 8:02 PM said...

I think this is fantastic! So creative!

Jacqueline Colman on May 30, 2012 at 8:06 PM said...

i absolutely love it!

sue on May 30, 2012 at 8:48 PM said...

I like it a lot. Sometimes I get boarded seeing the same old stuff. I am all about out of the box.

nailtopia on May 30, 2012 at 9:11 PM said...

Wow, I love this. It looks so amazing!

Laurie on May 30, 2012 at 10:04 PM said...

I love a mix and match mani!!!! You get the best of so many worlds!

Freshie on May 30, 2012 at 10:06 PM said...

I like the different patterns, especially the decal~

stephpiperr. on May 30, 2012 at 10:38 PM said...

woah such a cool look!

leester on May 30, 2012 at 11:17 PM said...

wow, i think that is so pretty! really unique. they are all so different but still go together!

Lenny on May 30, 2012 at 11:49 PM said...

this is incredible!! gonna try the decal designs using dotting tools :D

Miss L on May 31, 2012 at 1:35 AM said...

wow! amazing mani! Love it!

zebra-nails on May 31, 2012 at 2:03 AM said...

Very beautiful mani!

Criminal Nails on May 31, 2012 at 2:08 AM said...

I agree with the first comment, it's wild, and it's fabulous. The designs match one another very very well :)

Sabine T on May 31, 2012 at 4:06 AM said...

I love it! I'm a fan of darker colors but this is not too dark at all. I love all the patterns.

Sosa07ac on May 31, 2012 at 6:45 AM said...

So much awesomeness!! Nice job

Cathy on May 31, 2012 at 7:47 AM said...

I've got the same set of decals as the one you're wearing on your ring finger. Good to know they're hard to use, so I can be prepared!

Missy on May 31, 2012 at 8:02 AM said...

Very nice, I like how abstract it looks.

marynail01 on May 31, 2012 at 9:01 AM said...

I love this mani, you 're so creativ! it's absolutely great;)

Daphne / YouPolish on May 31, 2012 at 9:24 AM said...

Wooooww this is friggin awesome ! I love dark manis. :) My favourite is the middle finger <3

ScarsLikeLace on May 31, 2012 at 10:36 AM said...

I love the look of your middle finger! It is especially gorgeous!!

Ashley @ Passion for Polish on May 31, 2012 at 11:45 AM said...

I love it! the Julep decal is awesome ... I thought it was rhinestones at first!

Whimsical Glam on May 31, 2012 at 2:25 PM said...

this is just amazing.

nail crazy on May 31, 2012 at 3:30 PM said...

cool :-D

Anonymous said...

You are so creative. This looks great. All the designs compliment each other beautifully!!

APRIL said...

The julep decals did the same thing for me, it was horrible. from afar they look pretty but in pics you could see how it didnt fit my nail and folded over

APRIL said...

The julep decals did the same thing for me, it was horrible. from afar they look pretty but in pics you could see how it didnt fit my nail and folded over

Post a Comment

Comments, suggestions, and questions are always welcome! Thanks for reading! (If you leave a link in a comment, it will not be published. Sorry for the inconvenience .)

 

I'M FEELING NAIL-VENTUROUS Copyright © 2011 Design by Brandon Faulkner Website Design | Blogger Blog Templates