Pages

Happy 4th of July!

Posted by Amy from imfeelingnail-venturous
Reactions: 
July 03, 2012


*** Happy 4th of July!!! ***

I drew inspiration for my Independence Day mani from I'm Definitely Addicted's Memorial Day blog post!

 I started with one coat of the red polish from the Strange Beautiful Color Volume 4 Set on my pinky, middle, and pointer finger. On those nails, I stamped on a striped design using the blue polish from the Strange Beautiful Color Volume 4 set and the DRK-A Stamping Plate. Directly over the blue stamped stripe, I stamped another striped pattern with Spoiled Correction Tape and You Mix Cosmetics Large Stamping Plate I, which is not sold on their site any longer. You can find similar patterns on other brands such as the Bundle Monster stamping plates.

 On my ring finger, I used two coats of Spoiled Correction Tape. On top of the white base, I stamped on a striped pattern using the same You Mix Cosmetics stamping plate. Directly over that, I stamped on a star pattern with DRK-A stamping plate and the blue polish in the Strange Beautiful Color Volume 4 Set.

I wanted to say a few things about the Strange Beautiful Color Volume Sets because I have never heard of this brand. I was lucky enough to receive two sets in a swap (from an amazing person. Thanks Gayle!) ! They are pretty awesome! So far, I have tried the blue and red polish, and they were ONE coaters! They both went on perfectly with no need whatsoever for a second coat! My only complaint is there are no names on the polish bottles. I played with a few of the other colors on my nail wheel, and they all seem to be one coaters. To me, this equals the perfect stamping polishes as well as a base color for those layering glitter polishes! I will keep you updated as I have a chance to use them more! 

28 comments:

Priscila Oliveira on July 3, 2012 at 5:45 PM said...

very Nice! =)
I love the combo.

Noune :) on July 3, 2012 at 6:14 PM said...

It is original ! ^^ I like it ! :)
I also have done a 4th of July mani : http://panda-de-chine.blogspot.fr/2012/07/just-owe-night-like-fourth-of-july-d.html , a little less original than yours ! lol

illustratedlady on July 3, 2012 at 7:56 PM said...

This mani is so awesome! And dizzying! I love it!

Karine on July 3, 2012 at 8:08 PM said...

this is so lovely!

Marnie on July 3, 2012 at 8:45 PM said...

You are one talented lady. Stamp queen I would say. I love your combo.

Tough Nails on July 3, 2012 at 8:58 PM said...

You always have the most complex layering combinations and this one is no different. Absolutely beautiful!

Jen on July 3, 2012 at 9:12 PM said...

Stunning as always Amy!

Pointless Cafe on July 3, 2012 at 9:43 PM said...

I ♥ this mani SO HARD!!! ♥

Pinkbeauty_love on July 4, 2012 at 1:00 AM said...

Wow nice!

The Silverinator on July 4, 2012 at 1:15 AM said...

LOVE the layered stamping! Beautiful! Happy 4th of July!

Miss L on July 4, 2012 at 1:20 AM said...

Very cool design! Love it!

Definitely Addicted on July 4, 2012 at 1:54 AM said...

I love it!

Une Ruxi à Paris on July 4, 2012 at 3:17 AM said...

This is so pretty!!

JinJit on July 4, 2012 at 4:05 AM said...

Oh wow, now I truly have what to aspire to!
I used the very same stamping patterns as you, but how amazing your design look and how NOT amazing mine look...

When I will grow up, I want to be you ♥

Emalitsa on July 4, 2012 at 8:39 AM said...

These are so cute! I'm Canadian but I am loving all these 4th of July manis!

Tini on July 4, 2012 at 8:48 AM said...

Love this! It's great combo!

Kim on July 4, 2012 at 8:59 AM said...

Completely jealous! Looks amazing!

Caroline Jewel on July 4, 2012 at 9:07 AM said...

This is awesome, I love it!

Happy 4th! :)

Polish AMOR on July 4, 2012 at 9:56 AM said...

Great mani ... Happy 4th

Jodi on July 4, 2012 at 10:26 AM said...

gorgeous. perfect. Happy 4th!

Gypsy @ Gypsy'sGlitter on July 4, 2012 at 10:37 AM said...

These are beautiful! That striped stamp underneath tricked me! I totally thought it was a water marble! Love it, happy 4th of July. Oh and I tried to share my 4th mani but it doesn't like my iPad lol ;p I have to get caugh up with your blog. It seems like I've bee gone for ages.

Laurie on July 4, 2012 at 11:28 AM said...

Why must you always be so awesome???!!! I love this!

Jennius - Gold Speck Nails on July 4, 2012 at 2:15 PM said...

These are awesome!

voir-la-beaute on July 4, 2012 at 4:01 PM said...

This is gorgeous, Amy! I really love it.

drinkcitra on July 5, 2012 at 12:13 AM said...

So awesome! I love all the layering!

MariJo on July 5, 2012 at 8:23 AM said...

This looks absolutely amazing!! I love it!

Anne Thompson on July 5, 2012 at 12:18 PM said...

Whoa! Those are so gorgeous. Dragon Scales is my fave, love it over the lavendar.

heartNAT on July 9, 2012 at 10:58 AM said...

Very nice 4th of July mani =]

Post a Comment

Comments, suggestions, and questions are always welcome! Thanks for reading! (If you leave a link in a comment, it will not be published. Sorry for the inconvenience .)

 

I'M FEELING NAIL-VENTUROUS Copyright © 2011 Design by Brandon Faulkner Website Design | Blogger Blog Templates