Pages

Rustic Sponge Mani

Posted by Amy from imfeelingnail-venturous
Reactions: 
August 12, 2012


I have seen these types of manis on a couple of blogs lately... I have seen two techniques: using the polish brush (See Gorgeois' Summer Neon Abstract Brush Strokes posts) and using a sponge (See Colorful, Sponged, and Stamped post by Samariums Swatches).

I thought I would have better luck with the sponge technique, so I tried that one first. I love the neon colors they used. I decided to use non-neon colors for a Fall look. I will be trying the brush stroke technique with neon colors soon!

I started with a base coat of China Glaze Kinetic Candy (except for my pinky I used Sinful Colors Cream Pink.. Originally, I was going to try another mani, but I changed my mind at the last moment). I sponged on Sinful Colors Cream Pink, China Glaze Kinetic Candy, Sinful Colors Rain Storm, Sinful Colors Innocent, and Sinful Colors Cross My Heart randomly making sure not to blend any colors. Super simple manicure. A little time consuming with clean up, but I think its worth it!

What do you think of this?


23 comments:

LittleMonsterx14 on August 12, 2012 at 10:02 AM said...

this is so amazing! i love it

Kelli on August 12, 2012 at 10:19 AM said...

This looks so beautiful.

Eat.Sleep.Polish. on August 12, 2012 at 11:36 AM said...

I really like this! It does look very much like Fall!

Stephanie on August 12, 2012 at 11:38 AM said...

i LOVE this!
Reminds me of fall and is perfect for the weather we are having right now!

Sarah E. @Samarium's Swatches on August 12, 2012 at 11:50 AM said...

This came out so gorgeous!
I really love how it turned out!

JinJit on August 12, 2012 at 12:07 PM said...

It looks amazing!!! I wish I could make my nails look like that....
When you do the brush strokes technique, any chance you could please do it on video? I would loooooove to see!!! :-D
Thanks so much!!

CaCa on August 12, 2012 at 12:43 PM said...

this is absolutely gorgeous! If I didnt know I would have thought they are nail stickers!

Veronica, the Gorgeois Pig on August 12, 2012 at 12:57 PM said...

I love it! Fabulous take on the technique. And thanks for the shoutout! :)

Caroline Jewel on August 12, 2012 at 1:07 PM said...

LOVE IT! <3 Beautiful as always! I can't wait to see your neon one! :)

Miss L on August 12, 2012 at 1:46 PM said...

This looks really cool! I have to try this.

Gelic on August 12, 2012 at 3:32 PM said...

Looked very rustic, I think neon would be cool! :) Looking forward to see! :)

my pretty paints on August 12, 2012 at 4:10 PM said...

Love it!

Lara on August 12, 2012 at 9:18 PM said...

Lovely!

ScarsLikeLace on August 12, 2012 at 11:42 PM said...

These are gorgeous! I really love this look!

Hannah on August 13, 2012 at 11:38 AM said...

This is such an awesome idea - I think it came out great! I'm going to have to try this out myself :)

Jacqui on August 13, 2012 at 2:11 PM said...

THIS LOOKS SO COOL!!! Perfect end of summer-early fall manicure.

Polish AMOR on August 14, 2012 at 9:20 AM said...

looks very cool

claytonsmom on August 15, 2012 at 4:13 PM said...

I think that is so cool! Great choic of colors and I really love it! Want to come do mine now? lol

ThePolishHoochie on August 15, 2012 at 11:35 PM said...

So super pretty!!!!

Abop Laquerlove on August 18, 2012 at 9:12 AM said...

This is so many kinds of awesome rolled up in one. Love it!

Ashley on August 20, 2012 at 11:28 AM said...

Very pretty! Love that blue!

Daphne / YouPolish on August 23, 2012 at 4:51 PM said...

Super pretty. I love the fact that's it's matte! It reminds me of an old painting.

Ceri said...

I loved this so much, I ended up doing it myself. Though granted, mine didn't come out as well, my sponge work wasn't quite as clean. I used neon colors so it was very bright. I love looking at your stuff, get so many ideas to try and colors to want.

Post a Comment

Comments, suggestions, and questions are always welcome! Thanks for reading! (If you leave a link in a comment, it will not be published. Sorry for the inconvenience .)

 

I'M FEELING NAIL-VENTUROUS Copyright © 2011 Design by Brandon Faulkner Website Design | Blogger Blog Templates