Pages

Tough As Nails Breakfast Combo No. 1

Posted by Amy from imfeelingnail-venturous
Reactions: 
August 11, 2012

Today I have two polishes made by Tough As Nails. These two polishes, The Baconian Method and Go Sit On An Egg, make up the Breakfast Combo No. 1 duo. 


First up is Tough As Nails The Baconian Method. This is two coats over China Gaze OMG with two coats of top coat. I had no trouble applying this polish. I love the combination of red, orange, brown, and black glitter. I think its perfect for the fall! The glitter came out easily with no digging required.

I choose to layer these polishes over holo polishes because they are quick to dry. Its a shame you can't see the holo peeking through the glitter . =(


Two coats of China Glaze OMG with no top coat.


Next up is two coats of Tough As Nails Go Sit On An Egg over China Glaze FYI. This definitely makes me think of eggs and breakfast! Application was good. I originally layered this over a white base, but I HATE white polishes. They apply so thick and streaky, so I got frustrated and took it off. I do like this polish paired over China Glaze FYI.  I love this color combo--a milky white (very slight tinted yellow/nude) base loaded with coral, gold, and yellow glitter. 

(Again I choose to layer it over a holo because they are quick to dry.)


Two coats of China Glaze FYI with no top coat.

I do have to mention the mini bottles. I do like how they are 7 ml, so you get more product!!! The brush length is short, and at times I had to tilt the bottle to reach the polish. 

These polishes were sent to me for review.

7 comments:

Caroline Jewel on August 11, 2012 at 8:27 PM said...

2 beautiful polishes! I love how they are inspired by Breakfast! That's adorable! :)

Sarah E. @Samarium's Swatches on August 11, 2012 at 9:42 PM said...

Gorgeous swatches as always! I love the second one so much!

myre on August 12, 2012 at 5:09 AM said...

I love this set! The concept is great, and the polishes are beautiful. Shame they don't have international shipping though.

Kelli on August 12, 2012 at 10:29 AM said...

Love these swatches! Especially the second one

Ashleigh on August 12, 2012 at 10:39 AM said...

These are both awesome! I love your combinations too, even if you can't really see the holo after layering. They're still very pretty! :)

SamNW92 on August 12, 2012 at 3:31 PM said...

I love the second polish! Where do I buy these?!

tina on August 12, 2012 at 4:03 PM said...

beautiful polishes! i love them!

Post a Comment

Comments, suggestions, and questions are always welcome! Thanks for reading! (If you leave a link in a comment, it will not be published. Sorry for the inconvenience .)

 

I'M FEELING NAIL-VENTUROUS Copyright © 2011 Design by Brandon Faulkner Website Design | Blogger Blog Templates