Pages

Colorful Gradient

Posted by Amy from imfeelingnail-venturous
Reactions: 
September 23, 2013


This was my first time trying a gradient with this many colors. I normally only do two colors. I think it turned out okay for my first time. I started with a white base-- one coat of Spoiled Correction Tape. I did the gradient with a sponge, China Glaze Papaya Punch, OPI Funky Dunkey, and Konad stamping polishes in yellow, blue, and dark green. I sponged the colors over each other three to four times to achieve this darkness. 

In order to hide my lack of blended colors (haha), I stamped on this design with Bundle Monster BM-306 and Konad stamping polish in white. Photos show one coat of top coat.

Update: For this, I started with a white base color. Then painted all the colors on the sponge and then sponged it on my nails. (I saw this technique on Chalkboard Nails. She had great success with it. Me, not so much LOL). I didn't get a good blend, so I think I will stick to my normal way next time, which is this tutorial by the Nailasaurus.

12 comments:

LittleMonsterx14 on September 23, 2012 at 5:16 PM said...

this is super fun and cute!

Kelly on September 23, 2012 at 5:49 PM said...

Did you paint all the colors on the sponge and then sponge them on, or start with a certain base and then sponge different ones going down the nail? I think it look really cool, and goes great with the candy stamp :]

~*~Amber~*~ on September 23, 2012 at 5:56 PM said...

This is so pretty! I love it!

Heather on September 23, 2012 at 6:07 PM said...

To me, this really isn't a gradient. It's more of a striped manicure. Pretty, nonetheless.

Amy from imfeelingnail-venturous on September 23, 2012 at 6:19 PM said...

@Kelly-- I updated my post with the answer to your question! =)

Angie D on September 23, 2012 at 7:16 PM said...

I think it's great! You are brave trying that many stripes! I'd have started with three because I'm wimpy ;). Haha!

Lacquer Lockdown on September 23, 2012 at 9:44 PM said...

Amy I'm sure you will probably go back to your way but one more tip with the sponge I don't know if chalkboard nails does it the same but I use a similar method only I wet the sponge first and squeeze out the excess then lightly move up and down and I achieve flawless gradients that way. I've also used the nailsaurus way and my own way all of them work fine. One reason I'm not overly fond of Sam's way though is because it's a bit harder to do multiple colors i.e more than 2 with that method unless your nails are very long. Anyway I hope this helps some if you go to try it again! And I think the mani is beautiful!

Jamie @ Polish, Please! on September 24, 2012 at 9:54 AM said...

This looks great! I love the stamps!

Arianne Cruz on September 24, 2012 at 5:24 PM said...

pretty. seriously, doesn't it take forever to do those? and then, how long to they last before they start chipping?!

my pretty paints on September 24, 2012 at 6:23 PM said...

I'm always amazed by your mani's :)

Beauty By Crystal on September 26, 2012 at 12:33 AM said...

Beautiful such an elegant look for fall!

Lydz on October 6, 2012 at 10:17 AM said...

very gorgeous! :)

Post a Comment

Comments, suggestions, and questions are always welcome! Thanks for reading! (If you leave a link in a comment, it will not be published. Sorry for the inconvenience .)

 

I'M FEELING NAIL-VENTUROUS Copyright © 2011 Design by Brandon Faulkner Website Design | Blogger Blog Templates