Pages

Vacation Nails

Posted by Amy from imfeelingnail-venturous
Reactions: 
September 03, 2012


Recently my husband and I spent a week in the U.S. Virgin Islands (St Thomas), and I thought I would show you some pics from our vacation as well as my mani. Unfortunately, my nails only lasted about two days. They started to peel. I normally don't have that problem, so I assume its from the salt water. I ended up going to the spa to get my nails repainted. No way I was going to spend the rest of the week with half bare and half painted nails. 

Below is what I used on each nail. I started with a base coat and then stamped each nail with Konad White stamping polish and a dot pattern from DRK-A stamping Plate as a template. I used a dotting tool to add the colored dots.

Pinky- base color: Girly Bits Banana Hammock, dots: Sinful Colors Cream Pink and Konad White
Ring- base color: Sinful Colors Cream Pink, dots: Sinful Colors Rain Storm and Konad White
Middle- base color: Sinful Colors Innocent, dots: Sinful Colors Amethyst and Konad White
Pointer- base color: Sinful Colors Rain Storm, dots: Konad White and Konad Yellow
Thumb (not pictured): base color- Sinful Colors Amethyst, dots: Sinful Colors Innocent and Konad White


13 comments:

Laura on September 3, 2012 at 12:16 PM said...

I love this manicure! Shame it peeled so quickly though. My holiday manicure had to last 11 days and although it chipped, a lot, and all my nail jewels ended up falling off, I couldn't repaint my nails until day 12! Torture lol

Shannon @ So You Think You Can Paint on September 3, 2012 at 12:28 PM said...

I love this mani so much! It is so fun and perfect for a vacation. Thanks for sharing your vacation picture, the two of you are adorable together! <3 I loved St. Thomas so much when I was there 20 years ago.

Angie on September 3, 2012 at 2:54 PM said...

I LOVE St Thomas! We went snorkeling in Turtle Cove when we went and it was amazing!

I think the only time I would do gel nails would be for vacation. I can't stand chipped polish, but also can't be bothered to paint my nails on vaca.

Your nails looked cute though!

Glowstars on September 3, 2012 at 3:30 PM said...

They are so cool!

Essie Rae iheartprettypolish on September 3, 2012 at 4:22 PM said...

This is just beautiful and creative! Love it!

LittleMonsterx14 on September 3, 2012 at 4:23 PM said...

wow i love this! so creative!

Kelli on September 3, 2012 at 4:23 PM said...

This is so cute! I love the pictures

Kelly on September 3, 2012 at 8:18 PM said...

Your color combinations are perfect! Looks like you had fun on vacation too :] pretty pictures

Lacquerice (Lack-er-riss) on September 4, 2012 at 6:25 AM said...

Nice I'm a sucker for dots :)

ScarsLikeLace on September 4, 2012 at 11:17 AM said...

These are so fun! ^.^

Daphne / YouPolish on September 4, 2012 at 1:11 PM said...

Super cute mani :) I'm not a big fan of polka dots, but I love the fact that you used many color combinations.

maRyya on September 5, 2012 at 6:09 AM said...

they're awesome!

Nail Nerd on September 7, 2012 at 10:51 AM said...

Yay vacation, good on ya! These dots are just so well done -- your color choices work together perfectly :)

Post a Comment

Comments, suggestions, and questions are always welcome! Thanks for reading! (If you leave a link in a comment, it will not be published. Sorry for the inconvenience .)

 

I'M FEELING NAIL-VENTUROUS Copyright © 2011 Design by Brandon Faulkner Website Design | Blogger Blog Templates