Pages

KBShimmer Winter Collection

Posted by Amy from imfeelingnail-venturous
Reactions: 
October 30, 2012

Today's post features swatches of KBShimmer's Winter 2012 Collection!!!  I'm excited about this post because KBShimmer is an amazing brand! Overall, all the polishes were easy to apply and the formula was great. No complaints!

These will be available for purchase on her website on November 15!

You can shop KBShimmer's polish, bath, and body line by clicking here
You can also find KBShimmer on Facebook by clicking here.

(P.S. I love her lotion and lip balm!)


This is two coats of KBShimmer Cocoa Nut with one coat of top coat! Look how awesome that fuchsia glitter is against that brown base! 


And this one..... This one is my favorite polish out of the collection! This is two coats of KBShimmer Berry Christmas with one coat of top coat. I can't wait to actually wear this one instead of just swatching it! 


This is another stunner in the collection! This is three coats of KBShimmer Sugar Plum Faerie with one coat of top coat. I love that this polish uses holographic glitter.


Next up is KBShimmer All Decked Out. This is three coats with one coat of top coat. The green base of this polish is the perfect Christmas tree green! Love the pops of Christmas colored glitter combined with the stars. Reminds me of a Christmas tree! And I didn't have to fish out the stars! They came out with no extra work.


Another real treat in the collection is this glitter packed polish, KBShimmer Wrappers Delight. This polish is extra special because $5 of every bottle is being donated to Toys for Tots! On the pointer and ring finger, I have three coats with a little extra dabbing to fill in gaps for a fourth coat. I could have (easily) gotten away with three coats. The other two nails show one coat of KBShimmer Wrappers Delight over ManGlaze Mayonnaise and Color Club Gingerbread Man. Photos show two coats of top coat. I absolutely adore this polish on its own.


Look at that awesome deep, rich blue polish loaded with glitter! This is three coats of KBShimmer Hex Appeal with two coats of top coat.


Do you like scented polishes? If you do, check out this polish.  This is KBShimmer Candy Cane Crush. It has a subtle peppermint and a strong vanilla scent! For me, the scent was more noticeable when the polish had dried. Shown in the photo is one coat over China Glaze Holly-Day, ManGlaze Mayonnaise, Sinful Colors Cross My Heart, and Essence Ultimate Pink (which I think would be perfect for Valentine's Day!) Photos show one coat of top coat. No digging for those XL hexes either! 


This is one coat of KBShimmer We Three Blings over various base colors: ManGlaze Mayonnaise, ManGlaze Matte is Murder, China Glaze First Mate, and China Glaze Holly-Day. Photos show one coat of top coat.


Please excuse this horrible photo! At this point, my cuticles had taken a beating swatching so many polishes. =)

This is three coats of a lovely soft blue polish called KBShimmer Snow Way.  This polish has a subtle shimmer to it that is not picked up in the photos. Photos show two coats of top coat. 

These polishes were sent for review.

18 comments:

Jodi on October 30, 2012 at 8:37 PM said...

Oh crap, my poor pocketbook. Now that I've seen your swatches, I'm gonna need more than I had anticipated.. I just love Cocoa Nut!

NailaDay on October 30, 2012 at 8:43 PM said...

I love all these polishes so much!! I definitely think KB Shimmer is one of the standouts in the indie scene.

Sarah E. @Samarium's Swatches on October 30, 2012 at 8:54 PM said...

Crap. I want so many of these but I can't afford them :( lol Gorgeous swatches hun!

Girly Bits on October 30, 2012 at 9:11 PM said...

Gorgeous!!

Kas on October 30, 2012 at 9:24 PM said...

At first I didn't like Cocoa Nut. But the more and more I look at it the more and more I love it. It reminds me of one of my favourite chocolates that's filled with a strawberry filling. Also loving Sugar Plum Faerie and Wrappers Delight!

Lacquer Lockdown on October 31, 2012 at 12:28 AM said...

All of these are so gorgeous! I love KBS polishes to death! I'll have to pick these up along with the fall collection ones that I haven't gotten yet!

Fashion Footing on October 31, 2012 at 10:06 AM said...

Aww crap, I'm gonna need like most of these. Cocoa Nut is gorgeous! What a fabulously unique combination!

Jamie @ Polish, Please! on October 31, 2012 at 10:18 AM said...

Oh my goodness, this is a GREAT holiday collection! I love them all!

Natalia on October 31, 2012 at 10:30 AM said...

They're all so lovely! I wouldn't know where to start, but I think my favourites would be Sugar Plum Faerie, Hex Appeal, and Snow way.

Tishana on October 31, 2012 at 11:45 AM said...

These are all very pretty thanks for sharing!

Veronica Hubble on October 31, 2012 at 12:12 PM said...

WOW! I'm sooo excited about these! ♥ Candy Cane Crush and more the half of the rest!

Danisha on October 31, 2012 at 3:36 PM said...

Before I read about the cuticles I didn't noticed ;)

TENDERHEARTR on October 31, 2012 at 6:14 PM said...

Wow! These are all super gorgeous!!! Hopefully I can become un-broke before the holidays. :)

The Crafty Angel (aka Manicured/Headacheslayer) on October 31, 2012 at 6:55 PM said...

I cannot wait!!! KBShimmer is my favorite Indie polish, she does amazing work!! Your nails show them off so well--beautiful!!

Clorinda on October 31, 2012 at 7:57 PM said...

WOW. ... I love almost every one of these. .... what a gorgeous collection.

Andrea on November 2, 2012 at 1:27 PM said...

Wow! What a beautiful collection. I think there's only one I'm not crazy about!

Beauty by Linde on November 6, 2012 at 12:22 PM said...

You always seem to be able to find the most amazing glitter polishes! Love the chunky glitter, especially in Sugar Plum Faerie, WOW!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I've been looking all over for a red and green glitter polish for my holiday mani! I was so sad that China Glaze Party Hearty was discontinued, but after seeing Wrappers Delight.. I'm so happy! I had to order it after seeing this. Also glad to see half of my money is going to a good cause. Couldn't be happier, thanks for posting these beautiful swatches!

Post a Comment

Comments, suggestions, and questions are always welcome! Thanks for reading! (If you leave a link in a comment, it will not be published. Sorry for the inconvenience .)

 

I'M FEELING NAIL-VENTUROUS Copyright © 2011 Design by Brandon Faulkner Website Design | Blogger Blog Templates