Pages

Purple Swirl

Posted by Amy from imfeelingnail-venturous
Reactions: 
November 17, 2012


I started with three coats of a lovely light purple holo polish, Mentality Nail Polish Fervor. (Click here to visit Mentality's Big Cartel Shop.) Photo above shows no top coat.


Next I stamped on the swirl design with DRK-B stamping plate and Kleancolor Metallic Purple. I added a little extra detail with a dotting tool and Ulta Quick Silver and Ulta Gold Rush. Photo above shows no top coat.


Here is the final mani with a coat of top coat. As you can see, the top coat smeared the stamped design. I think its cool how the top coat slightly smeared all the stamped dots evenly. It gives it a unique look. (I prefer how the mani looked pre-top coat)

10 comments:

jolkag78 on November 17, 2012 at 4:46 PM said...

I love it!

Emma nailedintoyou on November 17, 2012 at 9:07 PM said...

This is absolutely amazing! Oh my goodness. Gorgeous!

goodlacknail on November 18, 2012 at 2:15 AM said...

nice basic color, I haven't heard of mentality polish before! I like the smeared design as well - it looks a bit like a printed scarf I think :)

Angeles on November 18, 2012 at 2:41 AM said...

I love this mani! But I agree: in this case, I prefer without top coat...

Ola on November 18, 2012 at 3:38 AM said...

Great blog, fantastic nails!

Carly @ Lacquered Lover on November 18, 2012 at 6:56 AM said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love it!!!

Katelynn on November 18, 2012 at 8:20 AM said...

I really love the design! Are those your real nails??

LittleMonsterx14 on November 18, 2012 at 6:32 PM said...

so pretty!

Lydz on November 19, 2012 at 6:55 PM said...

omg so gorgeous!

colormadness on November 20, 2012 at 6:34 PM said...

Loved it, such a shame it smeared, but the stamping is so pretty

Post a Comment

Comments, suggestions, and questions are always welcome! Thanks for reading! (If you leave a link in a comment, it will not be published. Sorry for the inconvenience .)

 

I'M FEELING NAIL-VENTUROUS Copyright © 2011 Design by Brandon Faulkner Website Design | Blogger Blog Templates