Pages

A little too much red

Posted by Amy from imfeelingnail-venturous
Reactions: 
January 23, 2012


I must admit this mani was a failure in my opinion. I was going for a Valentine look, but instead I think I got a bloody animal look lol... 

I started with a bare nail. I did a gradient with OPI Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh? and Kleancolor Metallic Red. I sponged each nail about 2-3 times. I stamped on the animal print with Kleancolor Metallic Red and Cheeky stamping plate CH3 over the entire nail. I should I have stopped with the gradient and added a coat of top coat ... =)

Photos show no top coat. I was afraid it would smear the stamped design. 



8 comments:

Mel, Glassflecked. on January 23, 2013 at 6:46 PM said...

looks beautiful to me! love the gradiant

Dema on January 23, 2013 at 6:56 PM said...

I like it! Its very dramatic :)

Pampered With Polish on January 23, 2013 at 7:22 PM said...

i agree the picture without the animal print seems much more valentine-esk than with it!

JQ on January 23, 2013 at 8:54 PM said...

I really like the texture of it, and the way the stamp disappears into the red tip. Agreed it looks a bit visceral--would totally make a wicked Halloween mani!

Jenna Froggy on January 23, 2013 at 11:30 PM said...

I think you are being to hard on yourself, it is cute :D

Emmy on January 24, 2013 at 12:43 AM said...

It doesn't look like a failure for it looks pretty. they both look great. Love the color and i think they are perfect for Valentines.

LittleMonsterx14 on January 24, 2013 at 9:23 AM said...

this is cool!! i like it

Tina on January 25, 2013 at 5:56 PM said...

Bloody animal TEE HEE! I still like it! The gradient is especially pretty.

Post a Comment

Comments, suggestions, and questions are always welcome! Thanks for reading! (If you leave a link in a comment, it will not be published. Sorry for the inconvenience .)

 

I'M FEELING NAIL-VENTUROUS Copyright © 2011 Design by Brandon Faulkner Website Design | Blogger Blog Templates