Pages

Rose Design

Posted by Amy from imfeelingnail-venturous
Reactions: 
January 06, 2013


I saw a hand painted mani by Simply Rin that she titled Blue Wave, which resembled a gorgeous blue ombre rose. Click here to see the mani. I thought it was really pretty, so I wanted to (somewhat) recreate the mani using stamping plates. I have absolutely NO skills outside the stamping plates. 

I started with two coats of HITS Twist. See last photo for swatch. I was disappointed in this polish. First, I hate the brushes the brand uses. The are too large and wide for my liking. Secondly, although my photo looks like there was good coverage, there wasn't. It applied streaky and would have required a third coat. I didn't add a third coat because I knew I was stamping over it.  Also, the polish wanted to pool around my cuticles. Thirdly, I was expecting MORE flakies! =) Maybe I got a bad bottle or it was user error.

I stamped on the rose design with Bundle Monster stamping plate BM-323. Instead of covering the full image with a single color, I did three sections of color on the image using Konad stamping polishes in white and baby blue. Basically, I would put a stripe of white, then baby blue, and then white. I scraped off like normal in a downward motion  and stamped. Photos show no top coat.



15 comments:

Sarah on January 6, 2013 at 2:49 PM said...

This is so pretty!! I think I should improve my stamping skills before I try something like this. lol.

Aglaya on January 6, 2013 at 2:50 PM said...

Wow, these roses are amazing!

Marisa on January 6, 2013 at 3:05 PM said...

Really pretty!!

Natalia on January 6, 2013 at 4:24 PM said...

Hi Amy! Happy new year! I love this ombre manicure, your stamping is so neat! And the base polish look so perfect I wouldn't have guessed you had trouble applying it!
xx

Bunny Nails on January 6, 2013 at 4:34 PM said...

Looks beautiful!

Brittney (Precious Polish) on January 6, 2013 at 4:47 PM said...

Gorgeous! I really love the mixed colours in the roses :)

LittleMonsterx14 on January 6, 2013 at 5:06 PM said...

oooh this is so pretty!

~*~Amber~*~ on January 6, 2013 at 5:29 PM said...

this is so pretty and your nAils are so long and pretty!

Laurie on January 6, 2013 at 5:34 PM said...

This is just SO lovely Amy!!! Great job!

Leslie @ work / play / polish on January 6, 2013 at 10:54 PM said...

It made me chuckle to hear you say you don't have any skills outside of stamping plates! And yet you used three colors on your stamp. That's like super-advanced in my book! :) Beautiful mani and photos!

Lindsey R on January 7, 2013 at 9:51 AM said...

That is gorgeous! I love that blue:)

Steamy Nails on January 8, 2013 at 1:51 AM said...

Omg, love the mixture of two colors you stamped! <3

Deborah - Love. Varnish, chocolate and more... on January 8, 2013 at 2:16 PM said...

LOVE the multi toned stamping, so gorgeous!

Victoria - manicurator on January 8, 2013 at 7:07 PM said...

So so gorgeous!!

Emily Lim on January 9, 2013 at 3:22 AM said...

OMG!!! This is so pretty. Love what you did here with your mani. It looks so elegant and classy. Great job!

Post a Comment

Comments, suggestions, and questions are always welcome! Thanks for reading! (If you leave a link in a comment, it will not be published. Sorry for the inconvenience .)

 

I'M FEELING NAIL-VENTUROUS Copyright © 2011 Design by Brandon Faulkner Website Design | Blogger Blog Templates